Bake TV Facebook Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Bake TV is open to UK, CI & IOM residents only aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of Dr. Oetker, their relatives (parents, grandparents, siblings and children) and agents working on behalf of Dr. Oetker. The candidate should:
a) Have the ability to communicate clearly on camera in English
b) Be willing to provide a short 60 second clip of themselves performing to camera if shortlisted
c) Be available during February 2012 & March 2012 for video tutorial filming
d) Be digitally savvy - able to make video recordings and used to using social networking sites
e) Have an interest in, and passion, for baking
3. Entries must be received by Dr. Oetker. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any late, lost or misdirected entries, or entries not received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever.
4. Entry is free. Upon entering the competition the applicant understands that they may incur postage costs and any internet charges during entry. The Promoter shall not be liable for any costs whatsoever incurred by the entrants.
5. One entry only is allowed to be submitted per candidate for the Bake TV competition.
6. Submitted images can only be voted for once from a singular IP address, however, any abuse of the voting system, including vote-rigging or any kind of vote farms, will result in disqualification of the entry.
7. Votes will be taken into account to finalise shortlist and winner but The Promoter’s decision on winner will be final and absolute.
8. By participating in the competition, the candidate understands their submitted picture is subject to internal review before publication on Facebook.
9. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disregarded. The Promoter’s decision as to eligibility of entries is final and absolute.
10. The successful candidate must be free to film video tutorials within these months: February 2012 & March 2012.
11. The entry instructions form part of these rules. By entering the competition, candidates agree to be bound by the rules.
12. There will be four phases in the competition process. Phase 1: Submission of entry through the Facebook page. Phase 2: Selection of shortlist via public vote and Dr. Oetker. The entries will be judged on the following criteria: recipe creativity and look of the finished dish. Your recipe must be original to you. If shortlisted, you will be invited to send a 30-60 clip of yourself presenting to camera. Phase 3: The shortlisted videos will be uploaded to the Facebook page for a period of 2-3 weeks. Phase 4: The judging panel (The Promoter & independent judge) will choose a winner from the 10 shortlisted videos. The panel will apply the following criteria in their decision, at their complete discretion: recipe creativity and originality, ability to speak eloquently and clearly on camera and a clear passion for baking.
13. The Promoters’ decision across all Phases of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into
• Voting will be taken into consideration but final decision is made by Judging panel – The Promoter & independent adjudicator (TBC)
14. First prize is a cookery course at Leiths cookery school (16-20 Wendell Road, London, W12 9RT) and a hamper of Dr. Oetker baking products. Travel and accommodation will be covered up to £400. Nine runners-up will each receive a hamper of Dr. Oetker baking products. The prizes must be accepted as offered. There are no cash alternatives in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary. Unless otherwise agreed with the Promoter, all prizes will be awarded directly to the winner and nine runners-up.
15. We will be unable to reply to all candidates individually. You will only be contacted if you are selected for the shortlist. All winners will be contacted via email within 28 days of the competition closing date with details of how to claim their prizes. In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of such notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
16. Details of the winners will be available on the competition's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DrOetkerBaking within 3 months of the closing date.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, at any time during or after the closing of the promotion, the validity of all entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
18. By entering the competition, the candidate warrants and represents to the Promoter that the entry is their own original works and:
a) they own or have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorise the Promoter to use all patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary and intellectual property rights in and to any and all entries to enable inclusion and use of the entries in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions.
b) the Promoter will not be liable for any infringement of copyright. The candidate will be solely responsible for their own entry and the consequences of submitting it and the applicant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any loss the Promoter suffers due to third party actions or claims in this regard.
c) they give full consent to use of their name and likeness for any purpose as contemplated under these terms and conditions.
d) they will not submit any entry which contains, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, indecent or offensive materials, and the Promoter retains the absolute right to reject entries which fail to meet this provision.
19. Candidates retain all of their intellectual property rights in their entries. However, by entering the Promotion, applicants hereby grant the Promoter and any of the Promoter’s related companies an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicense-able and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform the entry including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the website at www.facebook.com/DrOetkerBaking and www.oetker.co.uk in any media formats and throughout any media channels throughout the world for the full period in which any intellectual property rights subsist in the entry.
20. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to remove any entrant’s entry without prior notice if they are deemed to have infringed copyright and/or any other intellectual property right of a third party.
21. It is a condition of entry that candidates acknowledge that:
a) their entry may be announced and broadcast via any other medium along with their name
b) by entering this competition, The Promoter reserves the right to use the Candidates name and image for media communication. The candidate agrees to be interviewed, photographed and filmed at any time during the competition process by the Promoter or their agents for a story or feature on this promotion in all forms of media without further remuneration or reference to the applicant. Stories and features may appear on a date to be determined by the Promoter. The inclusion of any such story or feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
c) entries sent via Facebook do not contain computer viruses of any kind including but not limited to logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data. Please virus check all uploads prior to sending.
22. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these conditions of entry;
e. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant;
f. participation in the promotion; and/or redemption of a prize.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
24. The Promoter will, at all times, comply with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 in using data gathered during the promotion. By entering the competition, the applicant consents to receipt of any emails or telephone calls regarding the competition.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any mistakes or errors that arise during the course of publication of any entry.
26. The Judge’s decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
28. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Dr. Oetker UK and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to contact you if you are invited to supply a video entry or if you have elected to receive the Dr. Oetker newsletter.
29. PROMOTER: Dr. Oetker (UK) Ltd, Centrum, 4600 Park Approach, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8GB.