Handy shortcuts mean this recipe is quick to make and tastes great!
375g box ready rolled puff pastry
75g (3oz) butter, softened
100g (4oz) light brown sugar
A few drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
100g pack Dr. Oetker Plain Chocolate Chips
75g (3oz) icing sugar
Approx. 2 tsp warm water
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6). Grease and line 2 large baking sheets and unroll the pastry on its packing paper.
3. Mix the butter and sugar together with a few drops of Natural Vanilla Extract to make a paste and spread over the pastry. Sprinkle with Plain Chocolate Chips.
4. Carefully roll up from the longest side, tightly, like a Swiss roll, and press gently to seal the edge.
5. Slice into 16 equal pieces and arrange with ample space between each piece on the baking sheets. Press each spiral to flatten slightly.
6. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until lightly golden. Cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
7. Meanwhile, sieve the icing sugar into a small bowl, add a few drops of Natural Vanilla Extract and add sufficient water to make a smooth, soft icing.
8. Drizzle over each pastry and serve whilst still warm.