These chunky oat cookies are so easy to make. Plain or white chocolate chips can also be used instead of milk chocolate chips.
Makes about 20 cookies
125g (4 ½ oz) lightly salted butter, plus extra for greasing
125g (4 ½ oz) caster sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
125g (4oz) self-raising flour
½ tsp Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
125g (4 ½ oz) porridge oats
100g (4oz) Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease two baking sheets.
2. Gently heat together the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan until the butter has melted but the ingredients are not boiling.
3. Turn into a bowl and leave to cool slightly. Add the flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, oats and half the Chocolate Chips. Stir until well mixed.
4. Take small dessert spoonfuls of the mixture and use your hands to flatten them into cookies. Space slightly apart on the baking sheets and press the remaining chocolate chips on top.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly risen and pale golden. Leave for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Cooks tip: Make sure the cookie mixture is not too hot when you add the chocolate chips or they’ll melt and make the mixture sticky and discoloured