50g (2oz) sultanas
50g (2oz) no-need-to-soak dried apricots, finely chopped
150g (5oz) plain wholemeal flour
1 ½ tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
75g (3oz) cornflakes
100g(4oz) unsalted butter or margarine
100g (4oz) demerara sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC/300ºF/Gas Mark 2. Grease and line a 18cm (7 inch) square cake tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the sultanas, flour, Baking Powder, cinnamon and corn flakes.
3. In a small saucepan, melt together the butter or margarine, sugar and syrup and then stir into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
4. Press into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until lightly golden. Cut into 9 squares and allow to cool in the tin.
5. When cold, carefully remove from the tin and serve.