75g (3oz) butter or margarine, softened
100g (4oz) caster sugar
1 tbsp set honey
1 medium size egg, beaten
200g (7oz) plain flour
25g (1oz) Dr. Oetker Cornflour
2 x 125g packs yellow Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Coloured Icing
Dr. Oetker Soft Silver Pearls
Dr. Oetker Black writing icing
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/ 350ºF/ Gas Mark 4. Line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and honey until light and creamy. Stir in the egg.
3. Sieve in the flour and cornflour, then mix together to form a medium/firm dough; wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Roll to a thickness of 6mm (¼ inch). Cut out 20 x 7cm (3 ½ inch) star shapes, re-rolling the dough as necessary. Place on the baking sheets and bake for about 15 minutes until firm and lightly golden, then set aside to cool on a wire rack.
5. To decorate, roll out the yellow Ready to Roll Coloured Icing thinly on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar. Cut out 20 star shapes, slightly smaller than the cookies. Gently press on top of each cookie, and stud with Silver Pearls. Pipe with writing icing and allow to set before serving.