175g (6oz) plain flour
50g (2oz) ground almonds
100g (4oz) caster sugar
75g (3oz) butter, cut into small pieces
1 medium egg, beaten
3 tbsp fine shred orange marmalade
100g Dr. Oetker Plain Chocolate Chips
Dr. Oetker Designer Icing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Sieve the flour into a bowl and stir in the ground almonds and sugar. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg and marmalade and bring the mixture together to form a soft dough. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Divide the mixture into 16 pieces, and gently roll each piece into a ball. Place on the baking trays and press down to form rounds approx. 5cm (2 inch) in diameter.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool on the baking trays, then transfer to a wire rack.
6. Melt the Chocolate Chips according to the pack instructions. Smooth 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate over the top of each cookie and put back on the wire rack. Leave in a cool place until set, then pipe your message in Designer Icing on each cookie.