75g (3oz) butter or margarine, softened
65g (2 ½oz) light brown sugar
30ml (2 tbsp) milk
1 medium size egg yolk
100g (4oz) plain flour
15g (½oz) cocoa powder
¼ tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
175g (6oz) Dr. Oetker White Chocolate Chips
45g (1 ½oz ) no-need-to-soak dried apricots, finely chopped
Dr. Oetker Chocolate Flavour Strands
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the milk and egg yolk and stir in the flour, cocoa, Baking Powder, 75g (3oz) Chocolate Chips and apricots to make a firm dough.
3. Drop teaspoons of the mixture, well spaced apart, on baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until just firm. Cool for 10 minutes on the baking trays, then transfer to wire racks to cool further.
4. Melt the remaining Chocolate Chips according to the pack instructions. Half dip each cookie in the chocolate and place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
5. Sprinkle over Chocolate Flavour Strands and place in a cool area until set. Place into cellophane gift bags to give as a present.