Makes 24 mini bars
100g (4oz) butter or margarine
100g (4oz) Demerara sugar
75g (3oz) golden syrup
a few drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
250g (9oz) porridge oats
100g Dr. Oetker Plain Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line an 18cm (7 inch) square cake tin.
2. Place the sugar, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and heat gently until melted together.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the Natural Vanilla Extract and oats. Press into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden and bubbling.
4. Leave to cool for 5 minutes until firm and then cut into 24 mini bars. Leave to cool completely.
5. Melt the remaining Chocolate Chips according to the pack instructions. Half dip each bar in the Chocolate and place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and leave in a cool area until set. Place into cellophane gift bags to give as a present.