50g (2oz) sultanas
100g (4oz) self raising wholemeal flour
175g (6oz) crunchy oat cereal, lightly crushed
100g (4oz) unsalted butter or margarine
100g (4oz) Demerara sugar
200g bag Dr. Oetker White Mini Marshmallows
Dr. Oetker Sugar Strands
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line an 18cm (7 inch) square cake tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the sultanas, flour and oat cereal.
3. Melt together the butter or margarine and sugar, and then stir into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
4. Press into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until just set and lightly golden.
5. Sprinkle with Mini Marshmallows and return to the oven for a further 1-2 minutes until slightly melted.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle on sugar strands. Allow to cool.
7. Cut into 12 equal pieces and carefully remove from the tin. Place on a wire rack.