This reduced fat brownie recipe means we can all feel a little less guilty about eating it!
100g (4oz) no-need-to-soak dried prunes, chopped
Approx. 1 1/2 teasp warm water
6 tbsp unsweetened apple juice
175g (6oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Dark Chocolate
4 medium eggs, beaten
300g (10oz) dark brown sugar, crushed free of lumps
150g (5oz) plain flour
75g (3oz) icing sugar
A few drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Dr. Oetker Chocolate Flavour Strands
1. Grease and line an 18 x 28cm (7 x 11inch) oblong cake tin.
2. Put the prunes and apple juice in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft.
3. Remove from the heat; break the chocolate into pieces and add to the prunes. Mix well and set aside to melt.
4. Put the chocolate prune mixture in a bowl and beat in the eggs and sugar. Sift the flour into the mixture and fold in until well incorporated. Spoon into the tin, smooth over the top and bake for about 25 mins until firm to the touch or a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Cut into 15 squares and leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins then transfer to a wire rack.
6. When ready to serve, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add a few drops of vanilla. Add sufficient water to make a soft icing. Drizzle lightly over each brownie and sprinkle with Chocolate Flavour Strands. Allow to set for a few mins before serving.