125g (5oz) butter or soft margarine
175g (7oz) plain flour
50g (2oz) caster sugar
Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
300g Dr. Oetker Easy Ice Royal Icing
Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Coloured Icing (red and black)
Dr. Oetker Soft Silver Pearls
Lolly pop sticks
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4 and grease two baking sheets.
2. Put the butter or margarine and caster sugar in a mixing bowl and beat well.
3. Mix in the flour and Natural Vanilla Extract until the mixture starts to stick together.
4. Bring the biscuit dough together using your hands and place onto a floured board.
5. Roll out the dough to approx. 5mm thick (¼ inch) and, using a round cutter, stamp out the biscuits.
6. Transfer them onto the greased baking sheets and carefully push a lolly pop stick into each biscuit.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
8. Roll out the Ready to Roll Red Icing and cut out shapes to resemble ‘Santa’s hat’ (use the round cutter as a guide). Place one onto each biscuit.
9. Reserve the trimmings to make his ‘mouth’.
10. Prepare the royal icing according to the pack instructions. Spoon the icing along the bottom half of each biscuit to resemble ‘Santa’s beard’ and along the edge of his hat, pulling it into peaks as you go.
11. Finish with two small circles of ready to roll black icing, topped with Silver Pearls for the ‘eyes’ and place the red ‘mouth’ on the ‘beard’.