75g (3oz) butter or margarine, softened
75g (3oz) light brown sugar
1 medium size egg, beaten
100g (4oz) plain flour
¼ tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
75g (3oz) porridge oats
3 tbsp sunflower seeds
½ tsp finely grated orange rind
2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
Dr. Oetker Writing Icing Brights
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/ 350ºF/ Gas Mark 4. Line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Stir in the egg.
3. Sieve in the flour and Baking Powder, then add the oats, seeds, orange rind and juice and mix together to form a soft dough.
4. Drop 15 heaped teaspoonfuls on the baking tray, well spaced apart and flatten the tops slightly but evenly. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
5. To decorate, pipe a sunflower shape on each biscuit and then pipe a smiling face in the centre, and green leaves at the base of the flower head. Allow to set before serving.