This quick bake is great for the kids to make - and eat!
125g (4 1/2oz) butter, melted
2 tbsp golden syrup
50g (2oz) no-need-to-soak dried apricots, finely chopped
50g (2oz) blanched almonds, chopped
225g (8oz) Rich Tea biscuits, crushed
A few drops Dr Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
150g (5oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' White Chocolate
2 tbsp Dr. Oetker Chocolate Flavour Strands
1. Grease and line a 20cm (8inch) square cake tin.
2. Put the butter and syrup in a saucepan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the apricots, almonds, crushed biscuits and vanilla extract. Press into the prepared tin and set aside.
3. Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat and spread over the biscuit base.
4. Sprinkle with chocolate flavour strands and put in a cool place (not the fridge as it will be too hard to cut) until just set.
5. Cut into 16 squares then chill until ready to serve.