If you’re career driven and smart in love, try out these Miranda Hobbes style Carrot Cupcakes.These Carrot Cakes are everything you need to inject Miranda style power into baking. Decorate with orange & lemon Slices for no-nonsense style.
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 small ripe banana mashed
75g light brown sugar
1 large egg
75ml corn or sunflower oil
zest of one orange
125g self raising flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate Of Soda
60g grated carrot
25g chopped macadamia nuts
Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases
Cream Cheese Topping
50g light cream cheese
200-300g icing sugar
Dr. Oetker Orange and Lemon Slices
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°C (350F/Gas 4). Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
2. In a bowl add the eggs and sugar to the mashed banana beat well. Add the oil and orange zest.
3. Finally add the flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda, then fold in the carrot and chopped nuts.
4. Divide the mixture into the 12 cases (about a heaped dessertspoonful each)and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and spring back when gently pressed.
5. Allow the cakes to cool in the tin for 10minutes (to retain their shape) before transferring to a cooling rack.
6. To make the topping whisk the cream cheese and icing sugar lightly together to form a smooth creamy topping, different brands of cream cheese need more icing sugar to create a topping which is firm enough to hold its shape.
7. When the cakes are completely cold, place about a heaped dessertspoonful of the cheese topping onto each cake. Using a small knife spread the topping to the edges of the cake, then using the tip of the knife create a swirl in the centre. Finally decorate the tops with Orange and Lemon Slices.