100g (4oz) self-raising flour
100g (4oz) soft margarine
100g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
Dr. Oetker Soft Silver Pearls
Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice Ready to Roll Coloured Icing
For the Glace Icing
275g (11oz) Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream the margarine and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time and gradually fold in the flour.
4. Line cupcake tin with Baking Cases. Place spoonfuls of the mixture in to the cases and bake in a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
5. Allow to cool before transferring the cakes to a wire cooling rack.
6. Using the Regal-Ice Ready to Roll Coloured Icing, according to the pack instructions, cut out Christmas tree and star shapes (or any other Christmas shapes you like!). Leave shapes to harden slightly.
7. Prepare the glace icing by mixing the icing sugar and water together until smooth and, using a flat bladed knife, spread the icing onto the top of each fairy cake.
8. Decorate with Soft Silver Pearls and the coloured icing shapes for that extra special festive touch.