The layers of pink petals in these flowery cupcakes have the power to put smiles on faces. Delicately pretty and delicious, they’re just made for birthday celebrations.
Makes 12 cupcakes
110g (4oz) butter or margarine
110g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
75g (3oz) self-raising flour, sieved
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Fun Baking Cases
454g Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice Ready to Roll White Icing
Dr. Oetker Gel Food Colours
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the Baking Cases into a cupcake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the Natural Vanilla Extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
5. Divide the icing into balls. Add Gel Food Colour a drop at a time to create different colours of icing.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out the coloured icing into thin sheets. If the icing is slightly sticky, dust with icing sugar.
7. Use cookie cutters or a knife to create flower shapes with the icing.
8. Layer different sized flowers in different coloured icing onto the cupcake to create your own individual designs.