Friendly frog and fly cupcakes that cheeky monkeys won’t be able to resist. Great fun for birthdays!
Makes 12 cupcakes
110g (4oz) butter or margarine
110g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
75g (3oz) self-raising flour, sieved
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
Dr. Oetker Sky Blue Gel Food Colour
Dr. Oetker Coloured Ready to Roll Icing
Dr. Oetker White Ready to Roll Icing
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the baking cases into a cupcake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the Natural Vanilla Extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the Baking Cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
5. Mix a little water, icing sugar and a few drops of Sky Blue Gel Food Colour together to create glace icing. Spread over the cupcakes.
6. For the frogs, roll a marble sized ball of green icing and cut in half. These will form the head of two frogs. Roll smaller balls of green icing to form the eyes and stick on top of the head.
7. Roll smaller balls of white icing and black icing for the eyes. Use a cocktail stick to make holes for the nose.
8. For the flies, join 2 small balls of black icing and attach wings cut from edible wafer paper.
9. Place the completed frog and fly onto the cupcake. To finish, cut fine strands of angelica and stand upright in the icing to create pond reeds.