These cupcakes can be made with either gluten free flour or plain flour – both make delicious cakes that are popular with everyone.
125g caster sugar
125g plain gluten free flour
2 medium eggs
1.5 tsp Dr. Oetker Gluten Free Baking Powder
Few drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Fun Baking Cases
Vanilla Buttercream using Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Gel Food Colours
Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies
Dr. Oetker Sugar Strands
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar using an electric hand whisk or a wooden spoon.
3. Add a spoon of flour, and one egg then mix well, repeat. Add rest of flour, Baking Powder and Natural Vanilla Extract and mix till smooth.
4. Place 12 Baking Cases into muffin tins, and then spoon the mixture in until it comes halfway up each case.
5. Bake in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and lightly golden. Remove and allow to cool completely.
6. To decorate, take buttercream and Gel Food Colours to create the shades you want.
7. Spread the buttercream onto the cakes using a knife and decorate using the sprinkles and wafer daisies.