Ideal for elevenses or afternoon tea, these seductively sweet cupcakes blend the tantalising flavour of maple syrup with the crunch of pecan nuts. Add Dr. Oetker Coffee Flavouring to make the perfect glace icing.
Makes 12 cupcakes
110g (4oz) butter or margarine
110g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
75g (3oz) self-raising flour, sieved
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
Dr. Oetker Coffee Flavouring
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the baking cases into a cupcake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the Natural Vanilla Extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the Baking Cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
5. Mix icing sugar with a little water and a couple of drops of Coffee Flavouring to make a glace icing, then spread over the cupcakes.
6. To decorate, roughly chop the pecan nuts and sprinkle over your newly iced cupcakes. Drizzle with maple syrup for the perfect finish.