12 Dr. Oetker White Baking Cases
115g (4oz) baking margarine, softened
115g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
115g (4oz) plain flour
7.5ml (1 1/2 tsp) Dr.Oetker Baking Powder
65g (2 1/2oz) raspberry jam
For the Icing
100g (3 1/2oz) unsalted butter, softened
190g (6 1/2oz) icing sugar
3.75-5ml (3/4-1tsp) essence of pure rose water
Dr. Oetker Sugar Butterflies to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C Fan, 375°F, Gas Mark 5). Line tin with 12 Baking Cases. In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine with the sugar until pale and creamy-light in texture.
2. Gradually whisk in the eggs, then sift the flour and Baking Powder on top. Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold the dry ingredients into the eggy mixture.
3. Spoon a teaspoon of the mixture into the cake cases, and make a slight indent in the mixture. Spoon a little jam on top and then cover with the remaining cake mixture. Bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 16-18 minutes until risen, lightly golden and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. For the icing, place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar to make a smooth, creamy icing. Add rose water to taste.
5. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm (1/2inch) star nozzle and pipe a generous peaked swirl on top of each cake. Decorate with Sugar Butterflies before serving.