Absolutely yummy! Decorate with Dr. Oetker Select Chocolate Scrolls and Marbled Thins or handmade chocolate curls.
Makes 12 cupcakes
110g (4oz) butter or margarine
110g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
75g (3oz) self-raising flour, sieved
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
For the chocolate icing
75g softened butter
175g icing sugar
40g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' White Chocolate
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the baking cases into a cupcake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
5. To make the chocolate icing, place the softened butter into a bowl. Sieve in the icing sugar and whisk until smooth.
6. Place the chocolate into a separate bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Don’t let any water into the chocolate or allow the hot water to touch the bowl. Stir frequently until melted.
7. Add the melted chocolate to the butter and sugar and stir until smooth and silky. Spread the icing over the cupcakes and leave to set.
8. To decorate, break marbled thins into different size, jagged pieces and push into the chocolate icing for an artistic finish.