These are a great after dinner treat that is fast, quick and easy.
Makes 6 pancakes
115g self-raising flour
½ teaspoon Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
25g caster sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
150ml natural yogurt
2 tsps vegetable oil
1. Sift the flour and Bicarbonate of Soda into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, Natural Vanilla Extract, yogurt and milk.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the liquid, beat together with a balloon whisk to make a smooth batter, stir in the blueberries.
4. Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan, add some of the oil and allow to heat, then drop 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan to make each pancake.
5. Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife to cook the other side until it is golden brown.
6. Lift pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen towel and place more kitchen towel lightly on the top. Cook all the batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
Cooks Tip: If serving hot, keep the pancakes warm in the oven on a plate. Serve topped with extra yogurt, blueberries and maple syrup.