Ingredients for the base
150g (5oz) digestive biscuits (crushed)
75g (3oz) Dr. Oetker Chocolate Chips - Plain, White or Milk
75g (3oz) unsalted butter – melted
For the filling
6 5ml tsp Dr. Oetker Gelatine
6 15ml tbsp hot water
2 eggs, separated
150g (5oz) caster sugar
225ml (8fl.oz) milk
200g (7oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Chocolate chopped into small pieces - Dark, White, Milk or Extra Dark
2 5ml tsp Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
275ml (½ pint) double cream
1. Line the base of a deep 20cm (8 inch) square cake tin with tin foil.
2. Mix together the base ingredients and press into the base of the tins using a spoon. Chill until firm.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks with 75g of the sugar. Bring milk to the boil and pour over egg yolks, whisking all the time.
4. Return to saucepan and continue to heat until mixture thickens but do not allow to boil. Dissolve the Gelatine in hot water.
5. Add the Gelatine, Fine Cooks' Chocolate pieces and Natural Vanilla Extract - stir until smooth and allow to cool.
6. Lightly whip the cream and fold into the cooled mixture. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, add the remaining sugar and whisk to soft peaks. Fold into the mixture, stir well and pour into the prepared tin.
7. Chill for approx two hours before serving and then cut into squares.
Cooks Tip: For a special touch, why not make your own abstract chocolate shapes to push into the top of the mousse. Just drizzle melted Fine Cooks' Chocolate onto greaseproof paper, leave to set, then peel off and place on top of the mousse.