A quick and simple recipe, ideal as a light dessert at the end of a scrumptious BBQ. Everything can be prepared at home and assembled, with help from the kids, just before serving.
Picnic Hint: To take on a picnic, put all prepared ingredients in separate containers, keep in a cool bag and spoon into plastic tumblers just before eating.
250ml whipping cream
150g Greek yogurt
4 meringue nests
1 pkt Dr. Oetker Mini Mini Marshmallows
1 pkt Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chips
Dr. Oetker Sugar Strands or Dr. Oetker Chocolate Stars
1. Put the cream into a bowl and whisk until peaking, fold in the yogurt, cover and refrigerate.
2. Wash, dry and hull the strawberries, place half in a bowl and mash with a potato masher to release some juice, but retain chunks. Fold a quarter of the remaining strawberries into the bowl.
3. Lightly crush the meringues and fold into the cream with three quarters of the Mini Mini Marshmallows and the chocolate chips,
4. Spoon a good tablespoon of this mixture into 4 or 6 plastic tumblers glasses, (this will depend on their size). Add a layer of strawberries then repeat with another layer of meringue mess finishing with more strawberries.
5. Scatter over the remaining Mini Mini Marshmallows and add Sugar Strands or Chocolate Strands.
This dessert needs to be assembled just before serving as the meringues will dissolve into the cream and lose that lovely crunch.