100g (4oz) caster sugar
8 passion fruit
4 leaves Dr. Oetker Select Fine Leaf Gelatine
60ml (4 tbsp) white rum
lime wedges & lime zest
1. Put the sugar in a saucepan with 350ml (12fl.oz) water and heat, stirring until dissolved.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
3. Meanwhile, halve each passion fruit and scoop out the seeds and flesh into a sieve over a bowl. Push the pulp through the sieve until the seeds are practically dry. Spoon a few seeds into the bases of 4 x 150ml (5fl.oz) jelly moulds and discard the rest. Set aside.
4. Place 45ml (3 tbsp) water in a small heatproof bowl. Using a pair of scissors, snip the Fine Leaf Gelatine into the water. Leave to soak for about 10 minutes.
5. Stand the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat gently until dissolved. Alternatively, heat in the microwave for about 25 seconds on High. Do not allow to boil as this prevents a proper set taking place.
6. Mix the passion fruit juice, sugar syrup and Gelatine together and add the white rum.
7. Divide between the moulds and chill until set - the seeds will probably stay at the bottom of the moulds. Sprinkle the mango with lime juice and rind, cover and chill until ready to serve.
8. To turn the jellies out, dip the mould in hot water for a few seconds and invert on to serving plates. Serve each jelly with a few wedges of lime and lime zest.