250g (9oz) double chocolate chip cookies, crushed
75g (3oz) unsalted butter, melted
400g (14oz) Dr. Oetker White Fine Cooks’ Chocolate
450g (1 lb) full fat soft cheese, at room temperature
300ml (10fl.oz) double cream, at room temperature
5ml (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
300ml (10fl.oz) whipping cream
45ml (3 tbsp) Dr. Oetker Chocolate Flavour Strands
1. Grease the base and line a deep 20cm (8 inch) spring form cake tin.
2. Place the crushed biscuits in a bowl and bind together with the melted butter. Press into the base of the tin using the back of a metal spoon. Chill until required.
3. Break the White Fine Cooks’ Chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water, and set aside for 10 minutes until warm.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soft cheese, double cream and Natural Vanilla Extract.
5. Fold in the warm white chocolate and spoon the mixture over the biscuit base. Smooth the top and chill for 2-3 hours until set. Note: if the chocolate is too cool, it will not mix in properly and will make the cheese filling lumpy.
6. To serve, release the cheesecake from the tin and place on a serving plate.
7. Whisk the whipping cream until just peaking and place in a piping bag fitted with a 1cm (½ inch) plain nozzle. Pipe mounds of cream in tall peaks over the top of the cheesecake, and sprinkle generously with Chocolate Flavour Strands.