This cheesecake has a fantastic rich taste with a lovely light texture.
Serves 6 - 8
175g (6oz) sweetened oat biscuits
85g (3oz) butter, melted
200g (7oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' White Chocolate (140g for the cheesecake filling and 60g for the wedges)
125g (4½ oz) ricotta cheese
1 large egg, separated
50g (2oz) caster sugar
300ml natural set yogurt
1 sachet Dr. Oetker Gelatine
30ml (6tsp) thick toffee sauce
Fine Cooks' White Chocolate wedges (see cooks tip)
1 x 20cm (8inch) loose bottom cake tin
1. Crush the biscuits in a food bag with a rolling pin or place in a food processor until finely crushed, mix together the melted butter and the biscuits. Press the mixture into the loose bottomed cake tin and allow to cool.
2. Put the white chocolate pieces in a bowl. Sit the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt, stirring occasionally to blend. Cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl mix together the ricotta cheese, sugar and egg yolk, then add the melted white chocolate and yogurt and work together.
4. Sprinkle the gelatine in 45ml (3tbsp) of water in a small bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until dissolved. Add the gelatine to the chocolate mixture and stir until blended.
5. Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the chocolate yogurt mixture. Pour onto the biscuit base, spoon on 6 small teaspoons of thick toffee sauce in a circle on top of the cheesecake mixture and chill until set.
6. Remove from the tin and decorate with white chocolate wedges.
Cooks Tip: Melt 60g of good quality, white chocolate as instructed in method 2, spoon onto parchment paper in the shape of an 8 inch circle. Leave to set for 15 minutes in a cool place and divide into eight wedges.