These muffins are not too sweet which makes them fantastic for breakfast or a morning snack. Or why not serve them warm as a dessert with a dollop of yogurt on the top.
12 Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases
225g plain flour
3 sachets (1 tbsp) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
5 mlsp mixed cinnamon
85g soft brown sugar
150ml Natural Yogurt
2 medium eggs
200g chunky Bramley Apple Sauce
15g Demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/375˚F/Gas Mark 5. Put 12 Muffin Cases in a muffin bun tray.
2. Sieve the flour, Baking Powder and ½ the cinnamon into a bowl, stir in the sugar and raisins. Mix together the remaining cinnamon with the Demerara sugar to sprinkle on the top of each muffin.
3. Melt the butter then lightly beat it together with the yogurt and egg.
4. Add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients and add the apple sauce, carefully fold in, do not over mix.
5. Put approximately 2 dessert spoons of mixture into each muffin case. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of the cinnamon sugar.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Delicious warm or cold.
Cooks Tip: Baking Powder reacts very quickly, therefore it is important not to leave the mixture once the liquid ingredients are added, otherwise the muffins will not rise as well.