Makes 9 large Muffins
Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases
275g (10oz) wholemeal plain flour
4 level tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
75g (3oz) clear honey
2 medium size eggs
225ml (8fl.oz) milk
110g (4oz) butter, melted
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
25g (1oz) bran
75g (3oz) caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6 and place 12 Muffin Cases in a muffin / deep cupcake tin.
2. Sieve the flour and Baking Powder together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, milk, butter and Natural Vanilla Extract.
4. Fold the flour and Baking Powder into the egg mixture, add bran and honey and mix gently to a lumpy batter.
5. Divide mixture between the muffin cases and bake at the top of the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
6. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.