A combination of tangy lemon and yogurt make these cupcakes irresistible.
Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases
125ml (4 1/2fl.oz) whole milk yogurt
75g (3oz) butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tsp Dr. Oetker Natural Lemon Extract
150g (5oz) plain flour
3.5ml (¾ tsp) Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
100g (4oz) caster sugar
150g (5oz) icing sugar
3-4 tsp warm water
Dr. Oetker Jelly Slices
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4. Line 8 deep cup muffin tins with Muffin Cases. Mix the yogurt, melted butter, eggs and 1 ½ tsp lemon extract together.
2. Sieve the flour, Bicarbonate of Soda and sugar into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yogurt mixture. Mix well to form a thick batter.
3. Divide the batter between the Muffin Cases and bake for about 25 minutes until lightly golden, risen and just firm to the touch.
4. Cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To decorate, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Add the rest of the Lemon Extract and stir in sufficient water to make a smooth, soft icing. Smooth the icing thickly over each muffin and arrange 2 Jelly Slices on top. Allow to set for a few minutes before serving.