Ingredients for the pastry
175g (6oz) plain flour
75g (3oz) butter or margarine
water to mix
For the filling
100g (4oz) mincemeat
2 tbsp brandy
1 x 300g tub Dr. Oetker EasyIce Royal Icing
Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Coloured Icing (red and green) to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Make up the pastry – rub the butter into flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sufficient water to mix to a firm dough. Roll out the pastry and cut using a 7.5cm (3 inch) round cutter. Lightly grease a cupcake tin and line the tin with the pastry.
3. Mix the mincemeat and brandy together and place a small amount of mixture into each pie.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool before transferring them to a cooling rack.
5. Make holly berries from the Ready to Roll Red Icing and holly leaves from the Ready to Roll Green Icing.
6. Prepare the EasyIce Royal Icing according to the pack instructions. Spoon the icing onto the top of each mince pie and finish with a red berry and green holly leaves.