100g (4oz) self-raising flour - sifted
100g (4oz) soft margarine
100g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
300g (12oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ Milk Chocolate
Dr. Oetker Soft Silver Pearls
Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice Ready to Roll Coloured Icing
Dr. Oetker White Baking Cases
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and line bun tins with the Baking Cases.
2. Cream the margarine and caster sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and gradually fold in the flour.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the Baking Cases and bake in a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Allow to cool before transferring the buns onto a wire cooling rack.
5. Melt 200g (8oz) of Fine Cooks’ Milk Chocolate, according to the pack instructions. Spoon the melted Chocolate on to the top of each cake and smooth with a flat knife. Put aside to set.
6. Melt the remaining Fine Cooks’ Chocolate according to pack instructions and lay a sheet of greaseproof or baking paper onto a flat surface.
7. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the chocolate onto the paper to resemble reindeer’s ‘antlers’ and allow to set in the fridge.
8. Make a small slit on either side of the surface of each bun. Carefully lift the chocolate ‘antlers’ from the paper and push one into each of the slits, working quickly, to avoid the Chocolate antlers from melting.
9. Roll a small ball of red Regal-Ice Ready to Roll Icing for a ‘nose’ and attach one to each bun.
10. Finish with Soft Silver Pearls for ‘eyes’.