These muffins are not too sweet which makes them fantastic for breakfast or a morning snack.
Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases
225g (8oz) plain flour
3 sachets (1tbsp) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
½ x 5mlsp (½ tsp) mixed spice
115g (4oz) caster sugar
50g (2oz) dried morello cherries (cut in half if large)
85g (3oz) butter
100ml (4fl oz) Natural Fat Free Yogurt
2 medium eggs
5 x 15mlsp (5tbsp) cherry conserve
Sprinkling of Demerara sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/375˚F/Gas Mark 5. Put 10 Muffin Cases in a muffin bun tray.
2. Sieve the flour, Baking Powder and mixed spice into a bowl, stir in the sugar and dried cherries.
3. Melt the butter then lightly beat it together with the yogurt and egg, along with 3 tablespoons of the cherry conserve, stir until all the ingredients are mixed together.
4. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mix and carefully fold in, do not over mix.
5. Place 1 dessert spoon of mix into each muffin case. Then place ½ a teaspoon of the conserve into the centre of each muffin mixture. Place another spoonful of muffin mix over the top of the conserve. Top with a sprinkling of Demerara sugar.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Delicious warm or cold.
Cooks Tip: Baking Powder reacts very quickly, therefore it is important not to leave the mixture once the liquid ingredients are added, otherwise the muffins will not rise as well.