Makes 9 large muffins
Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases
275g (10oz) plain flour
4 level tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
75g (3oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
225ml (8floz) milk
110g (4oz) butter, melted
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
75g (3oz) grated carrots
rind of 1 large orange
100g icing sugar
2 -3 tsps orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6 and place 9 Muffin Cases in a muffin / deep cupcake tin.
2. Sieve the flour and Baking Powder together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, milk, butter and Natural Vanilla Extract.
4. Fold the flour and Baking Powder into the egg mixture, add the carrot and orange and mix gently to a lumpy batter.
5. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake at the top of the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.
6. To make the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually mix in 2 – 3 tsps of water to form a drizzling icing. Drizzle lightly over the muffins.