12 Dr.Oetker White Baking Cases
115g (4oz) baking margarine, softened
115g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
5ml (1tsp) Dr.Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
115g (4oz) plain flour
7.5ml (1 1/2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
150g (5oz) icing sugar
2.5ml(1/2 tsp) Dr.Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr.Oetker Soft Silver Pearls and Polka Dots
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C (170 C fan oven, 375 F, gas 5). Line a cake tin with 12 paper cake cases. In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine with the sugar until pale and creamy-light in texture.
2. Gradually whisk in the eggs and Natural Vanilla Extract, then sift the flour and baking powder on top. Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold the dry ingredients into the eggy mixture.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cake cases and bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 16-18 minutes until risen, lightly golden and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a mixing bowl and add the Natural Vanilla Extract and 20-25ml (4-5tsp) warm water to make a smooth, spreadable icing.
5. Spread the icing neatly over each cup cake and arrange the pearls and polka dots in the shape of a crown, in stripes or spell “ER” before the icing begins to set – ice and decorate one cake at a time. Allow the icing to set for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!