Bakewell Tarte is a favourite for many - this recipe can be prepared in only 10 minutes.
1 x Dr. Oetker Tarte aux Amandes
125g (4½ oz) butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
50g (2oz) icing sugar
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Almond Extract
Approx. 1½ tsp warm water
5 tbsp strawberry jam
1. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 or 160ºC for a fan assisted oven.
2. Using a 20cm (8inch) round cake tin, make up the Tarte cake mix as directed on the box and cook as directed. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack for 10 mins, then remove from the tin and allow to cool completely.
3. When ready to serve, split the cake through the middle and spread one half with strawberry jam. Sandwich back together and place on a serving plate.
4. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add a few drops of Almond Extract, then gradually blend to make a smooth, soft icing.
5. Drizzle over the top of the cake and stand aside for a few minutes before serving.