This dessert is quick and easy to make - great for impressing friends
1 x Dr. Oetker Tarte au Chocolat
125g (4½ oz) butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
410g can cherry pie filling
300ml (10fl.oz) whipping cream
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Almond Extract
15g (½ oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Dark Chocolate, grated
1. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 or 160ºC for a fan assisted oven.
2. Using a 20cm (8inch) round cake tin, make up the Tarte cake mix as directed on the box and cook as directed. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack for 10 mins, then remove from the tin and allow to cool completely.
3. When ready to serve, whip the cream until just peaking and fold in a few drops of Almond Extract.
4. Split the cake through the middle and spread one half with half the whipped cream and top the other half with most of the cherry pie filling.
5. Sandwich the two cake haves back together and put the cake on a serving plate. Spread the remaining pie filling in the centre of the top of the cake.
6. Put the creaming cream into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and swirl the cream round the edge of the cake.
7. Sprinkle with grated chocolate to serve.