The lemon tarte and blackcurrant sauce go together perfectly in this recipe.
1 x Dr. Oetker Tarte au Citron
125g (4 1/2oz) butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
2 x 290g cans blackcurrants in natural juice
4 tbsp icing sugar
8 tbsp crème friache
Dr. Oetker Lemon Slices
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180 C/350 F or 160 C for a fan assisted oven.
2. Using a 20cm (8inch) round cake tin, make up the cake mix as directed on the box, reserving the icing sugar sachet, and cook for as directed. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack for 10 mins, then remove from the tin and allow to cool completely.
3. When ready to serve, cut the cake into 8 equal portions and put on serving plates.
4. Put the blackcurrants and the canning juice in a blender along with the icing sugar and blend until smooth. Push through a nylon sieve to remove the seeds.
5. Arrange cake slices on individual serving plates and dust each lightly with the contents of the icing sugar sachet. Spoon a dollop of crème fraiche on to each slice and decorate with a lemon slice. Serve with blackcurrant sauce.