For the recipe Red Velvet Cupcakes
|90 g||Unsalted Butter|
|165 g||Caster Sugar|
|Dr. Oetker Red Extra Strong Food Colour Gel (7.5g / 1.5tsp)|
|5 ml||Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (1tsp)|
|2.5||Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda Sachets (0.5tsp)|
|2.5 - 2 ml||White Wine Vinegar (0.5tsp)|
|200 g||Plain Flour|
|1 g||Salt (Pinch)|
|15 g||Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder (1tbsp)|
|12||Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases|
|1||Large , At Room Temperature|
|90 ml||Sunflower Oil|
|about 400 g||Dr. Oetker Cream Cheese Style Icing|
· Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
· Line a 12 hole muffin tray with the Muffin Cases.
· Add the egg, Vanilla Extract and Cocoa Powder and mix well.
· Add the Red Food Colour Gel and mix until the colour is even and well incorporated.
· Sift the flour into a bowl, then add half to the cake mixture along with half the buttermilk and a pinch of salt.
· Mix until smooth and then add the remaining flour and buttermilk and mix again.
· In a bowl mix together the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar then add to the cake mix stirring it in by hand until it is all incorporated.
· Spoon the mixture into the Muffin Cases and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
· Allow them to cool for 15 minutes then remove from the tins and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Once cooled, crumble one cupcake to use to decorate the cupcakes. Place the buttercream in a piping bag and cut the end of the piping bag to create a 1cm hole. Pipe a swirl of buttercream onto each cupcake and sprinkle with the reserved sponge. You cupcakes are now ready to enjoy!
|Per Serving||Per 100 g / ml|