110g (4oz) margarine
110g (4oz) soft brown sugar
75g (3oz) golden syrup
75g (3oz) dried cherries
25g (1oz) flaked almonds
225g (8oz) rolled oats
150g (5oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ Milk Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4) and lightly grease an 18cm (7 inch) square tin.
2. Melt the margarine, sugar and golden syrup together in a saucepan.
3. Remove from the heat and add the cherries and oats, mixing until well combined.
4. Press into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
6. Melt the Milk Chocolate according to pack instructions and spread over the mixture, sprinkle with flaked almonds and leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares to serve.