This Privacy Notice explains in detail the different types of personal data that we might collect about you. It also explains how we will store and process your personal data and how we will keep it safe.
For simplicity throughout this notice ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Dr. Oetker (UK) Ltd.
We are Dr. Oetker (UK) Limited and this policy applies to any contact you make with us in connection with any of our brands and products (on this website and our other websites run by us) including but not limited to our Dr. Oetker, We Bake, Ristorante Pizza and Chicago Town brands.
We might collect your personal data in the following situations:
· When you visit our websites and buy products or services from us
· When you buy products or services from us over the phone or when you redeem any vouchers
· When you respond to any of our social media postings or campaigns
· When you visit any of our premises that are protected by CCTV
· When any of our suppliers or business partners share your information with us
· From information you have completed on any surveys
· If you enter any of our prize draws or competitions
· If you have attended any of our events or promotions
· If we collect information from any public source such as the electoral roll
· If you have contacted us asking for information about any of our products or services
· If (and we hope this never happens) you have had an accident at any of our premises and we ask you to complete any forms about this.
We will never ask you for information that isn’t essential. The personal data we might ask for includes;
· Your name, postal address, date of birth, email address and telephone number
· Your bank account details (where we need these to be able to credit your account for either a refund or as part of a product promotion. We will never take money out of your bank account)
· If you have a web account with us we will keep details of your login (these will be kept in an encrypted format so that no one else can use them)
· If you contact us by phone we may keep a written note of the conversation either on computer or on paper. We may also record any complaints or issues that you might have when you contact us.
In order to be able to maintain our relationship with you we might need to store or process the personal data you have provided us with or we might need to pass it on to one of our business partners so that we can meet your requirements more effectively. We may also use your data to improve our products or to inform you of special offers. Your personal data will only ever be used for the purposes of customer management, product surveys or marketing to the appropriate degree. We will neither sell, market nor disclose your data in any other way to third parties. If we do have to use the services of third parties, e.g. for sending out goods from our shop, marketing products, fulfilling competitions, we will have to pass your data to those third parties. We will make sure that they have security measures in place to keep your data safe.
The sorts of organisationswe might share your personal data with include:
· Delivery couriers, prize fulfillment companies and postal firms
· IT companies who support our systems and website
· Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
Where we do share your data, we would only provide the information that is needed for the specific purpose and the third party will only be able to use your data for that purpose. The third parties will be people we trust to ensure that your privacy is respected at all times and if we stop working with them they will be expected to delete your data or make sure that it is anonymised.
We will only pass your data to third parties for their own purposes if you have expressly given us permission to do so unless we have a legal obligation to share information such as with the police or other regulatory or Government bodies.
Data protection laws allow companies to collect your personal data for several different reasons. We will only collect your personal data if we have a legal reason for doing so. This might one or more of the following:
Consent – This is where you have consented to us having your personal data. You might have agreed that we can send you such things as details of our promotions or products and services or our newsletters. You can at any time change your mind and tell us that you no longer want to hear from us or that you want to change the way you receive information from us by updating your preferences, there are 2 ways you can do this;
1. Click on the link to the Preference Centre in the footer of any of the emails you currently receive from us
2. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include;
a. Your First Name and Last Name
b. The Email Address which you registered when you joined the mailing list
c. The mailing list which you wish to change your preferences for (Chicago Town, Ristorante, We Bake, or a combination of these mailing lists)
d. If you are a We Bake user, please confirm your We Bake username
e. The change you would like to make to your communication preferences
Compliance – In order to comply with legal requirements such as health and safety laws, we may need to collect and process your data.
Contractual obligations – If we have a contract with you we will need to collect and process your personal details so that we can fulfil our contract.
Legitimate interest – This is where we might use your personal data to meet a reasonable business interest as long as we are not significantly impacting your rights. This would include thing such as using your personal data to send you personalised offers based upon your purchasing history.
We will always treat your personal data with absolute respect and care. We will make sure that our websites and apps are secure by using appropriate technical and organisational measures across all brands including up-to-date encryption, communication via SSL, restricted access to the data that we hold and conducting regular software updates.
All our employees have been briefed on data protection laws and are contractually obliged to protect your personal data. We have made sure that all our suppliers and business partners have a legal obligation to be as diligent as we are about protecting your personal data.
We will never keep your personal data for any longer that we need to. We have reviewed our processes to make sure that when we no longer need your personal data for the purpose for which it was collected, we will delete it from our systems.
We currently do not transfer personal data outside the EEA. If we needed to do this in order to do such things as process an order or your payment details, we will make sure that we have procedures in place to ensure that your data receives the same protection that it receives when it is processed inside the EEA. Our suppliers will be expected to follow the standards that we set for them and to comply with all applicable laws and this Privacy Notice. If you want us to give you more information about this, please contact our Marketing Services department at the address below.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
You have the right to copies of any of the personal data that we hold about you. If the data is incorrect or incomplete you can ask us to correct it.
Dr. Oetker (UK) Ltd
4600 Park Approach
Leeds LS15 8GB
If you are unhappy with the way that we have responded to your requests or you have any other concerns about the use of your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on telephone number 0303 123 1113 or you can access further information and advice on the ICO website at www.ico.org.uk