For the recipe Gingerbread Men and Reindeers
|300 g||Plain Flour|
|5 g||Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda (1 tsp)|
|10 g||Ground Ginger (2 tsp)|
|5 g||Ground Cinnamon (1 tsp)|
|115 g||Unsalted Butter|
|75 g||Light Brown Sugar|
|75 g||Dark Brown Sugar|
|45 ml||Golden Syrup (3 tbsp)|
|Dr. Oetker White Designer Icing|
|Dr. Oetker Bright Writing Icing|
|about 20 g||Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chips|
|about 10 g||Dr. Oetker Bright and Bold 4-Cell|
1. Place the butter, light brown sugar and dark brown sugar in a bowl and creamy together, once smooth add the egg and golden syrup. Mix together to form a smooth paste.
1. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, cinnamon and ginger. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until a dough is formed – this is easiest to do in a free standing mixer but you can also mix the dough together by hand.
1. Once the dough has formed, knead on a surface lightly dusted with flour. Roll out the dough to a thickness about ½ cm and cut out gingerbread men with a cutter about 12cm in height, re-rolling the dough as required.
1. Place the gingerbread men on a tray lined with greaseproof paper, spaced slightly apart. Chill your gingerbread men in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
1. 10 minutes before baking pre-heat the oven to 200°C (180°C Fan/ Gas Mark 5). Once chilled place your gingerbread men in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until slightly darker in colour, the biscuits will firm up on cooling. Allow your biscuits to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Once cooled it’s time to begin decorating; use your designer icing to pipe the details onto the gingerbread men and reindeers. – if the designer icing is too firm place in a jug of warm water for a minute to loosen the icing.
Use the Writing Icing, Chocolate Chips and Sprinkles to add more intricate details and get creative!
|Per Serving||Per 100 g / ml|
|Fat||15.17 g||13.92 g|
|Carbohydrate||70.02 g||64.23 g|
|Protein||4.94 g||4.53 g|